BIG BROTHER HORROR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finalist Speeches & Jury Questioning

+7
Neda Kalantar
Jennifer Check
Jesse Walsh
Taylor Swift
Jacob Black
Nell Crain
Gale Weathers
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Finalist Speeches & Jury Questioning Empty Finalist Speeches & Jury Questioning

Post by Gale Weathers Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:29 pm

Here, the finalists will post their opening speeches from 1pm ET, with Jurors then also able to come in and ask questions to both finalists about their game, the experience; anything they like (within reason!)

Good luck to you both, Jacob and Nell!
Gale Weathers
Gale Weathers
Admin

https://bigbrotherhorror.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Finalist Speeches & Jury Questioning Empty Re: Finalist Speeches & Jury Questioning

Post by Nell Crain Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:02 pm

Hello Jury! I don’t want to make this too long but I want to give everyone a general sense of my game and what I think are some of the biggest highlights!

Coming into this game, I knew I might have a slight disadvantage being a round behind everyone -- but I did my best to use this to my advantage. I recognized quickly which people were likely on the bottom -- and I assumed that this was Taylor, Jacob, Cher, Jesse, Edward, Chanel, and Glinda considering the results of the first HoH. I quickly attempted to make connections with these people while also being friendly with the powerful social players from round one such as Clark, Ongo, and Rinslet so that I could be covered at all angles. Within the first day or two of me coming into the game, I had a trio with Jesse and Cher, a trio with Jacob and Taylor, and a five person alliance with Clark, Ongo, Taylor, and Rinslet. When Cher was on the block during Rinslet’s HoH, I was also added into an alliance of Cher, Jesse, Taylor, Neda, and Edward -- which had me connected to nearly everyone in the game.

I didn’t want to create too many waves when I joined, but I won the 4th HoH and as I said, I had an alliance with a majority of the house at this point. My only options were Alicent and Stu. When Ongo used the veto on Alicent, I needed to make a choice -- do I go with nominating a big threat and someone at the top, or do I go with nominating one of the players that was near the bottom at the beginning of the game? I had decided to get out Clark because I felt it was very obvious that there was an alliance of the people who finished at the top of the first hoh and if they are all strong and together, there would be no place for me amongst them with their group. I felt more connected with the alliance I had that voted to keep Cher and I decided to stick with them.

Making this move had me worried that I would have Ongo and Rinslet after me in retaliation, but I had been building my relationship with them in such a way that it didn’t come to that (just yet). Alicent won the next hoh and despite the fact I just put her up, she went with targeting Edward. I know this has a lot to do with Edward’s slip up in the main area and if she had needed a renom option I think one could have been me -- but that ended up not happening and I managed to survive that round. 

I will admit, Ongo and I did have several conversations about being suspicious of Taylor. I had never intended to come after her myself, but I knew that they were after each other and I felt as though I could benefit from this rivalry. When Ongo won HoH, he had believed that I would be in on a plan to backdoor Taylor. I saw Taylor as a threat too, but since she was on the block next to Stu and I truly believed that Taylor was someone who would have my back way more than any of the people that were voting her out, I thought it was in my best interest to keep her. I thought it would benefit me to have Taylor on my side to go against Ongo and his allies since I knew if I let her leave, I could quickly become their sole biggest target.

The rumors about me throwing the following knockout HoH are true. I also threw that veto that round -- chances are Ongo would have still won since he is quick, but for my game the best thing that week was Alicent leaving. Alicent was a strong player in this game, always right up there with Ongo in the competitions, and also someone that I think would have taken me out if she had lasted longer. 

I had maintained a good relationship with Ongo but at this point, it became obvious that we were each doing small things to sabotage each other’s game. I wasn’t surprised to see him nominate me next to Taylor - since all that had happened over the past couple of rounds had led to him being in danger and losing one of his closest allies. I thought that the worst case scenario for me would be Taylor winning veto and me staying on the block -- which is exactly what happened. I spent all morning that day trying to find the other voting power, and I found it in one of the photographs for the encryption veto competition for week 3. It was a steal a vote power and I was able to use it to steal someone’s vote and make it not against me. I only told Taylor and Jesse about this power because I had believed they were my closest allies at the time -- so even if Neda, Rinslet, and Jacob wanted to evict me, I would have the votes to stay against Cher with the two of them and my vote steal power. I spent the night campaigning to people about the vote and ended up getting 0 votes cast against me. I am not sure if Neda did evict me or not, but I felt she was the most likely to and thats why I used the power on her.

As we all know, I won the following hoh and attempted to take out Ongo -- but that didn’t work because he is a speed master and won the veto. I was left to target Neda for that week because I had seen her as someone close to Ongo and playing the middle for a large portion of the game which made her a threat to my game. I put Jacob next to her because I still believed Jesse and Taylor were my priority to keep safe. Jacob hasn’t really spoken to me since I did that, but I still feel like it was the move that made the most sense at the time and it ended up never being something that messed up my game because Jacob never had any opportunity to get back at me for the renomination. 

When Jesse won the HoH and nominated me, I realized that I couldn’t rely on anyone else but myself. I believe that my social and strategic game up until that point had made me a big threat and I completely understand Jesse’s decision to make that move. I believe I needed to win competitions from that point on to make it here, and the reason for that is because people saw me as too much of a threat to let get to the end. The last time I was vulnerable was when Ongo put me on the block next to Taylor and then Cher, which was way back in round 8. I am the only player in the game never to have a vote officially cast against them and I have won 4 hohs and 3 vetoes to keep myself out of danger from being evicted.

Every decision I have made in this game has been out of trying to maximize my odds of getting here to the end and winning this game. I have enjoyed getting to know you all and getting to play alongside you and I am open to answering any questions that you may have!
Nell Crain
Nell Crain

Gale Weathers, Jennifer Check, Theodora Crain, Taylor Swift and Cher Horowitz like this post

Back to top Go down

Finalist Speeches & Jury Questioning Empty Re: Finalist Speeches & Jury Questioning

Post by Jacob Black Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:40 pm

Hi lovely jury I’ve missed you all! This game has been challenging but an incredible learning experience and I’ve enjoyed getting to know and play with such intelligent people. I’ve never seen Big Brother, and I never played a game in my life so I already knew the odds were against me. I appreciate you all working with me even thought I was a bit aloof.

Knowing I had no experience I’d like to pat myself on the back for how far I made it (even getting half way through). After winning my first hoh which was finding objects in your house (anyone could have done). I laid low and played on my naivety. My first hoh was rocky, because one of nominees got taken off the block, and I had to burn another bridge so early in the game. Instead of looking at it that way, I made a secret alliance by offering Alicent my loyalty to her an Ongo who took her off the block. These two were arguably the biggest competition threats, so for me this meant safety anytime they won. This is an alliance we kept going throughout the game which also gave us power in voting since you all thought they hated me 🤪 lol.

I also had an alliance with Nell and Taylor, actually. The vote where Taylor was on the block with Stu, I flipped and kept Taylor to protect that alliance too. So it shows I was able to maneuver alliances on both sides of the house and make moves for myself despite what others wanted me to do.

AND I had an alliance with Edward and Jesse. Once we realized Edward had been close to Chanel’s ear, I also gave Eddy Boy the courtesy of a conversation before inevitably being voted out. I never ruled anyone out as an ally and always gave everyone the time of day. Even Neda, i tried with for a while until I realized, she did not want it haha. I think I made good connections with everyone despite you all thinking im just a big meat head dumb butt. I’m proud of my game and hope y’all can see me as more than just the underdog/wolf. Thank you to MOST WONDERFUL hosts and all of you for a great game. BIG LOVE I love you
Jacob Black
Jacob Black

Gale Weathers, Jennifer Check, Theodora Crain, Taylor Swift and Jesse Walsh like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Gale Weathers Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:53 pm

Thank you, finalists! Jury, the floor is yours.
Gale Weathers
Gale Weathers
Admin

https://bigbrotherhorror.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylor Swift Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:56 pm

What is your favorite Taylor Swift song?
Taylor Swift
Taylor Swift

Gale Weathers, Jesse Walsh and Nell Crain like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacob Black Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:57 pm

Back to December <3
Jacob Black
Jacob Black

Gale Weathers, Taylor Swift, Jesse Walsh and Nell Crain like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nell Crain Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:57 pm

I’ve tweeted out my favorite Taylor songs so I don’t want to give too much away about myself lol but my favorite album is Reputation and I have a huge soft spot for the song Enchanted (it’s the one I belt out when I’m drunk and walking home it’s true)
Nell Crain
Nell Crain

Gale Weathers, Taylor Swift and Jesse Walsh like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylor Swift Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:58 pm

great choices from both u. congrats on getting to the end and im glad i got to play with y’all <333
Taylor Swift
Taylor Swift

Gale Weathers, Jacob Black, Jesse Walsh and Nell Crain like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesse Walsh Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:27 pm

Finalists! What would you do if when you ok so he said yes would go?
Jesse Walsh
Jesse Walsh

Jennifer Check, Alicent Hightower and Cher Horowitz like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer Check Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:29 pm

Thank you Jesse!
Jennifer Check
Jennifer Check
Admin

Theodora Crain, Jesse Walsh and Cher Horowitz like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesse Walsh Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:29 pm

What's your defining move of the season? What extra steps did you take to ensure yourself in this position? Was it making bonds, scheming, etc?
Jesse Walsh
Jesse Walsh

Theodora Crain likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nell Crain Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:34 pm

I feel like I mentioned a lot of those things in my opening speech but one of my most defining moves of the season would be the whole situation regarding ongo and Taylor. I don’t think Ongo would have tried to backdoor Taylor without thinking I’d be on board for it and me going against it caused a feud between them that I benefitted from. 

I made early connections when I first entered the game to gain trust with others and have good bonds, I schemed to make people target others, and when all of those things led to me being one of the biggest threats left in the game, I fought my way here to the end by not making myself vulnerable to leave. Even in the one time that I was, I stayed unanimously. I hope that answers your question lol <3
Nell Crain
Nell Crain

Theodora Crain and Jesse Walsh like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Neda Kalantar Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:34 pm

Congrats to both of you

Name something you learn from each jurors?

And why should I vote for you and not the person next to you?
Neda Kalantar
Neda Kalantar

Theodora Crain likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesse Walsh Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:34 pm

You're both such cuties congrats!!
Jesse Walsh
Jesse Walsh

Theodora Crain, Jacob Black and Nell Crain like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacob Black Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:41 pm

Thank you Jesse! I would say definitely my connections. Like I said earlier I was really open to everyone and that was my biggest asset. My best move was the secret alliance with Alicent and Ongo for sure, giving me behind the scenes insight and also keeping me safe when they won hoh. Also just having the different alliances on both sides of the house I got info on people without having to go to them directly and poke for the info. Also a lot of times info was just given to me bc it was thought I had no one else to tell/strategize with
Jacob Black
Jacob Black

Jesse Walsh likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacob Black Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:47 pm

What I learned from each Juror:
Alicent: how to be bold and a fierce competitor
Cher: being kind helps you survive the block
Neda: Be smart who you choose to work with
Ongo: Be friendly!!! I immediately and was always excited to talk to you
Jesse: Flying under the radar has advantages
Rinslet: you were always so sweet and made such an effort which was so appreciated, so just putting yourself out there consistently
Taylor: Kill them with kindness Wink

I had to learn a lot as I went, and everything was a learning experience having never watched Big Brother. I’m not sure if that was the case for anyone else, but I made it here despite all that!
Jacob Black
Jacob Black

Rinslet Jones likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nell Crain Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:53 pm

Hey Neda!

I think you should vote for me because I believe that you saw me as a threat in this game and if you had stayed, you would have been wanting to get me out. I think both of us saw each other and the way we were playing - I think both of us played similar games in that we had connections to both sides of the house and I think you know how difficult it is to maintain and manage those connections when lines get drawn in the sand. I put in the necessary effort socially, strategically, and competition wise to get myself here.

Some things I’ve learned from each juror

Alicent - honesty is best policy - I know I had a rocky relationship with Alicent from the start and we kept trying to attempt to maybe work together but by the time she was on the block, it was just best for us to be honest with each other — and I think we respected each other enough to not fake anything anymore even before that

Cher - probably the most welcoming person to me when I first got in this game. She was just so open and always loyal and I learned from her that I can put my trust in her and the initial underdogs of the season <3

Neda - never give up even when things dont seem likely for you. You campaigned your ass off when you were on the block next to Jacob and I admired that a lot 

Ongo - having an “enemy” in the game can also be someone that’s a friend. I always enjoyed talking to you and considered you an ally for a portion of the beginning half, and when things turned south for our game relationship, I still felt as though we had an understanding and appreciated one another on a personal level 

Jesse - play fearlessly - you never know when you will win something or get to make a move, so do with your power everything you can 

Rinslet - it’s so admirable to play with your heart and I think that’s what Rinslet did this whole game and it’s why I think she had one of the best social games. She was very easy to talk to and since she played with her heart and with honesty and loyalty, it was hard to ever do anything against her 

Taylor - that taking a chance with someone you trust is worth it. Taylor was someone I considered my number one for a large portion of the game and I believe she trusted me back. I came into the final 3 knowing there could be a chance that she would win the final hoh and cut me like I did her and I would have been at peace with that because I think both of us took chances with each other all game
Nell Crain
Nell Crain

Neda Kalantar and Rinslet Jones like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Alicent Hightower Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:08 pm

i taught y’all so much i love

from what i’ve seen most people ended up playing nell’s game while she was doing a great job of playing it herself, whereas jacob i feel you had a more utr game. this benign said, nell was more in the spotlight, and jacob more in the shadows.

based on such separate gameplay, jacob what would you say was nell’s best move this game?

and nell what would you say was jacobs best move this game?
Alicent Hightower
Alicent Hightower

Nell Crain likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ongo Gablogian Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:10 pm

well well well. another day of ongo being proven right. nell being in here is DIRECT evidence of LISTEN TO ONGO WHEN ONGO SAYS SOMETHING...

Nell, im absolutely positive that your stunt to get me to abckdoor taylor to cause a feud so you can ride the middle by not evicting her was actually a bad move and you just happened to luck into not feeling my wrath the one wednesday that taylor won veto and i couldnt compete (especially considering Neda almost won it without me there)

that being said... i still think ive been given enough information throughout this all to cast my vote, but i'll ask one final question to cement it.

my question for Nell is: Could you have gotten to the final 2 without the existence of me? (AKA, I think it was to your benefit that I was after you so everyone could keep you around to "take me out" even though you never ended up doing that)

my question for jacob is: could you have gotten to the final 2 without the rounds of safety my comp wins provided? and could you have gotten to the final 2 if you ever showed up for a comp?
Ongo Gablogian
Ongo Gablogian

Back to top Go down

Post by Nell Crain Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:13 pm

Hey Alicent!

Jacob’s best move from what I can tell is staying under the radar and trying to patch up bonds with potential enemies. I think a lot of the time people considered him a vote with them when really he just did his own thing/what he wanted. He’s highlighted it himself but to go from nominating you to someone in an alliance with you is something that kept him safe when you won an early hoh.
Nell Crain
Nell Crain

Alicent Hightower likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum